#2: 6 Steps to Pivot into Your Dream JobApr 25, 2021
Welcome to the Career Hackers Mini Series.
These are really short episodes that get straight to the point and tackle real-world challenges among career hackers. The objective is to get the most essential advice you need in less than 10 minutes.
In this episode, we're taking a bite out of the Six steps to pivot into your dream job. These are precisely the steps I've taken in my career, taking me from a sales manager at Dell to a product marketer at LinkedIn and now to the Global Director of Product Marketing at one of Europe’s top 40 startups. Typically, these types of moves take at least a decade. I did it in just 5 years.
As a heads up, we are crunching a lot in 10 minutes, so we created a mini-guide for those who would like to get more details. Just click on the link below. Let's get started.
- 01:10 - Step 1: Think like a Career Hacker.
- 02:00 - Step 2: Model successful people (don’t try to reinvent the wheel).
- 02:48 - Step 3: Close the gap (as quickly as you can).
- 03:35 - Step 4: Build a Lead Generation Machine (Inbound, Outbound, and Strategic Partnerships).
- 04:25 - Step 5: Interview to win.
- 04:56 - Step 6: Close the deal.
- 05:12 - Quick review
If you've enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review. We'd love to hear from you!
Are you looking to pivot into a top tech company? Subscribe to our member community to access industry experts, participate in live workshops, get answers to burning questions, and meet like-minded people. You can find us at www.careerhackeracademy.com/community.
--->> Get the mini-guide here <<---