#4: 11 Secrets of a Career HackerApr 26, 2021
Welcome to the Career Hacker’s Mini Series.
In this episode, we're taking a bite out of the Eleven Secrets of Career Hackers. These are the principles, tips, and strategies that define a Career Hacker and set them entirely apart from other top candidates.
This is for anyone at any level who is looking to get the edge, mindset, and insights to have an amazing and fulfilling career.
As a heads up, we're crunching a lot in 10 minutes. We created a mini-guide for those who would like to get more details or simply see a visual. Just click on the link below to download the guide. Let's get started.
- 00:54 - Dare to dream big. Make sure you have a vision that is scary but also exciting at the same time
- 01:08 - Don’t apply to jobs. Bypass the system
- 01:38 - Don’t reinvent the wheel. Someone has already done it before.
- 02:00 - Don’t work alone. Leverage third-party networks.
- 02:30 - Don’t ask for a job. Ask for advice.
- 03:06 - Interview to win. There’s no second place. You either get the job, or you don’t.
- 03:50 - Level up. Always continue to engage and learn to improve.
- 05:08 - Ask for what you want.
- 05:50 - Focus on inputs, not outputs.
- 06:30 - Know what you are worth.
- 07:16 - Don’t stay in an environment you’ve outgrown. No fear.
If you've enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review. We'd love to hear from you!
Are you looking to pivot into a top tech company? Subscribe to our member community to access industry experts, participate in live workshops, get answers to burning questions, and meet like-minded people. You can find us at www.careerhackeracademy.com/community.